Suzie’s African Hair Braiding!
Call Us Now: 443-435-0709
Some Tips About Caring for Your Braids
Some Braid Caring Tips
Below is a list of Do’s and Don’ts for the maintenance of your new Hair style. If you follow these directions and use the products we recommend, you should be able to maintain your braided hair style without any problems
- Always wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner before braiding it.
- The best style is the one you really love. As an art, the braids can be styled in so many different designs
- The texture of your natural hair should be taken in consideration when choosing the color of your braids.
- The smaller the braids are, the longer they take to do, also longer they last (corn rows can last for 2 weeks and micro braids up to 3 months).
- The number of packs to use is limited for any style, no more than 3 packs for pony hair, 4 packs for synthetic or 2 packs for human hair.
- When the hair is burned on the ends, it could irritate the skin when it comes in contact with. (Do it by the shoulder). It could also damage clothing as well.
- Tie your braids down every night with a silk or satin scarf.
- Continue to oil your scalp at least once a week.
- Spray your entire head with oil sheen daily.
- Sprits the braided portion of your hair once every other week.
- Wet & Wavy clients should use some type of waving solution on the loose hair and braid into 2 plaits overnight.
- Straight hair clients should use wig brush and oil sheen to remove tangles.
- If you have weak or damaged hair, a leave in conditioner applied to your scalp at least once a week should help repair any problems.
- Do not forget your monthly touch-ups to avoid breakage!!!!
- Please keep in mind that excess scratching will cause breakage and lessen time of style.
We are professionals and we can make any of the celebrity braid styles you may want.
Call Now: 443-435-0709